Sunday, December 24, 2006

Saw HD Trailer for "300", drooled

I caught the latest HD trailer for the movie 300.


Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, 300 is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite.

I love Frank Miller's work, both in graphic novels and in movies. If the trailers are any indication, this is going to be one awesome action flick. A friend of mine saw an early preview at Butt-numb-a-thon and tells me I am not wrong. Lucky bugger. The rest of us have to wait until March.


Guess I should start saving now for the movie tickets. Prices are out of control. They charge three bucks to sneak in for free now. They better show this one on a digital screen, because I'll flip if the projection is bad.


300 has something in common with Frank Miller's Sin City besides Frank Miller himself. Most of the sets are digitally generated. This heavy use of digital sets is becoming quite popular for movies that are going for a certain stylized look, and such a look is definitely appropriate to Miller's work. I hope we see more like this in the near future.

No comments: